Ayushman Bharat Card Apply Online, Eligibility Status, Benefits, Download links are to be checked from the official website. The Health and Family Welfare Ministry established the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, under which the Ayushman Card is given to underprivileged Indian populations to get free health benefits with the help of the ABHA Card.
Ayushman Bharat Card
In this post, you will get all the updates regarding Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), the application for the Ayushman Card, the eligibility criteria, Benefits and how to download ABHA Card. Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) along with the Health and Family Welfare Ministry.
This initiative originated in Sep 2018. Under this Mission, free health insurance will be given to low-income and underprivileged Indian citizens. The citizens must have the Ayushman Bharat Card to get all the scheme benefits. They can register themselves on the website abdm.gov.in.
The citizens will get up to 05 Lakh health insurance and other benefits. The Candidates must be eligible to get scheme benefits, and candidates can check their eligibility by logging in with a Mobile number into @mera.pmjay.gov.in.
Ayushman Card Details
Candidates can check the following table to get an overview of the Ayushman Bharat Card:
Name of the Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modi
Health and Family Welfare Ministry
Ayushman Bharat Card
Free Medical Treatment up to Rs. 05 Lakh
Family Income – Less than Rs. 05 Lakh/annum
No specific age limit criteria
Income Certificate, Caste Certificate, Family Structure, etc.
+ 50 Crore
Official Website Link
Ayushman Bharat Card Eligibility Criteria
The PM-JAY Scheme aims to provide healthcare facilities to low-income and underprivileged families in India. It aims to provide healthcare facilities to 10 Crore Families with Rs. 5 Lakh per Family. The targeted 10 Crore families will be from both rural and urban families. Approximately 08 Crore families will be from rural areas whereas 02 Crore families will be from Urban areas. But the government has set some eligibility criteria for rustic and urban families to get the scheme benefits.
Following is the list of criteria that need to be fulfilled by the Candidate to be eligible for the Ayushman Card:
- Candidates from Schedule Caste (SC) and Schedule Tribe (ST) will be eligible.
- Families with no adult members between ages 16-59 will be eligible.
- Beggars and others surviving in slums will be eligible.
- Families living in one room with kucha walls and a roof will be eligible.
- Families with at least one disabled member and no able-bodied adult member will be eligible.
- Landless households originating a significant part of their income from manual casual labour will be eligible.
- Families with no members aged between 16 -59 Years will be eligible.
- Families of bonded labourers and primitive and vulnerable tribal groups will be eligible.
- Rag pickers, Beggars, and Domestic workers will be eligible.
- Washer-man, Chowkidar will be eligible.
- Sweeper, Sanitation worker, Mali, Plumber, Labour, Painter, Security Guard, Coolie and other head-loaded workers will be eligible.
- Construction workers, electricians, mechanics, assemblers, Repair workers, tailors, Artisan, Home-based workers, and Handicrafts workers will also be eligible.
- Street vendors, cobblers, hawkers, and other services provided o streets will be eligible.
- Transport workers, Drivers, Conductors, Helpers to drivers and conductors, and Cart and Rickshaw pullers will be eligible.
- Peons in small establishments, Assistants, shop workers, helpers, delivery assistants, attendants, and waiters will also be eligible.
Ayushman Bharat Card Apply Online
The candidates can apply online for the Ayushman Bharat Card as it will be a digital ID, and with the help of this ID, citizens can get free treatment in the hospital anywhere across India. To access the Card, the candidates must register on pmjay.gov.in and wait until they qualify for the Ayushman Bharat Card. Once the Candidate passes the qualification and the Card is approved, they will get the e-card and be able to download it and get its printout for further use.
Here is the detailed step-by-step process for the online application of the Ayushman Bharat Card. Candidates can easily follow these steps and apply for the Ayushman Bharat Card.
Step 1: First, the Candidate must check their eligibility by visiting the PM-JAY official website at mera.pmjay.gov.in
Step 2: On the homepage, a login window will get open.
Step 3: Candidates must log in with their Mobile Number and Captcha code and click generate OTP.
Step 4: Once the OTP is generated, you will be asked to give the OTP, and a new tab will open with the Ayushman Bharat Card Application form.
Step 5: Fill out the Application form with the requested personal details, attach copies of the documents as well and submit it.
Step 6: After the submission of the application, wait till the application gets approved by the authorities.
Step 7: After the approval of your application, an online Ayushman Bharat card will be issued to you in a PDF Format, and you can download it.
Candidates must read the eligibility criteria cautiously before applying for the Ayushman Bharat Card.
Ayushman Bharat Card Benefits
Candidates will get all the benefits once they get their Ayushman Bharat Card. Following is the list of benefits that will be provided to the eligible families.
- Families can get free treatment up to Rs. 05 Lakh annually.
- There are no age restrictions for the Ayushman Bharat Card.
- All the benefits are valid for all the family members.
- Families will get regular health check-ups, and all the major and minor diseases will be covered.
- The family size and age of the family members don’t matter to get the benefits.
- All the charges, including admission fees, nursing charges, Diagnostic procedures, medications, and lab work, will be included.
- The families can get their cashless treatment in private and public hospitals.
Ayushman Bharat Card Download
Once your application has been approved, you will get access to the Ayushman Bharat Card, and you can download it. Through this Card, there will be cashless and paperless transactions, and it is compulsory to have this Card during treatment at the hospital to get the beneficiaries.
Candidates are confused about how to download the Ayushman Bharat Card, so here is the step-by-step procedure for downloading the Card with ease.
Step 1: Visit the official PM-JAY Website and check your eligibility first.
Step 2: On the homepage, you will get a login window. Now log in with your registered Mobile Number.
Step 3: Fill in the box with the Captcha code and click Generate OTP.
Step 4: Now, you have to opt for the HHD Code (Household Identification Number).
Step 5: Now the Candidate must provide the correct HHD Code to the PM-JAY CSC (Common Service Centre)
Step 6: PM-JAY CSC will verify your code and other provided details.
Step 7: Candidates must pay Rs. 30 to get an Ayushman Bharat Card.
Step 8: Now, Ayushman Mitra, the CSC representative, will finish the procedure.
|BSEH Home Page
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is HHD Code?
Ans- HHD Code refers to a 24-digit Household ID number provided to families recognised under the Socio-Economic and Cast Census (SECC).
Q2. How much money do I have to pay to get Ayushman Bharat Card?
Ans- Candidates must pay Rs. 30 to get Ayushman Bharat Card.
Q3. Are there any Specific diseases only that are covered under Ayushman Bharat Card?
Ans- No, there is no specification regarding the diseases. All types of diseases are covered under the Ayushman Bharat Card.
Thank you for staying till the end of the page. I hope you found this article educational.