Most Spoken Language in The World Today, we will be going to discuss the different languages that are top spoken languages. So are you interested and excited to know the facts? If yes, then kindly read the complete article. In this article, you will see Most Spoken Language in The World – Top Spoken Languages and How Spoken Languages Originated and Surprising Facts of Top Spoken Languages.
Most Spoken Language in The World
The World is divided into many parts, countries, states and everything, and there is so much beauty around the world, cultures, languages, art and famous places. But if we mainly talk about languages, there are uncountable languages.
So today, we are going to focus on the Most Spoken Language in The World. The beauty and the interesting facts about those languages. Do you believe if we say that Bengali is also the most spoken language and the country name Bangladesh also comes from the word Bangla (used as another name for Bengali Language).
Top Spoken Languages
English – 1.452 Billion Speakers
- English is the very common language in the world, and approx 1.452 billion people speak English. It’s the official language of 67 countries and is also an official language of many large international organizations.
- And you know what? The internet we use for endless things is also 55% in English only, and it is also the most studied language.
Mandarin Chinese 1.118 Billion Speakers
- Yes, Mandarin Chinese also come in the most spoken language. Mandarin Chinese is the official language of Singapore and Taiwan. In China, it has been spoken for more than 3000 years.
- There are other languages also in China, but Mandarin is the most spoken language. If we search more about Mandarine, it is the most spoken language in Asia.
Hindi 602.2 Million Speakers
- In India, English and Hindi are both official languages. As Hindi is the official language, and most people speak Hindi, but not everyone speaks it because India is the only country which has 22 different languages.
- Let us tell you one interesting thing you can also hear people speak Hindi in Fiji, where it is the official language and also in some Caribbean countries.
Spanish 548.3 Million Speakers
- Spanish is the official language of 20 countries. In the US, you will see Spanish is the second most spoken language. Around 40 million people in the US speak Spanish, and in Spain, the other word used for the Spanish language is Castilian.
- Over the past few years, Spanish has become the more influential language in Pop Culture.
French 274.1 Million Speakers
- French is the official language of 29 countries and territories. And in UA and UE, it is the official language.
- Interestingly French vocabulary has a powerful impact on other languages, also like English. In English, around 40% of words have French Origin.
Standard Arabic 274 Million Speakers
- So now we come to Arabic, which is the official language of 26 countries, but many countries and regions have their own accent of Arabic. In Arabic people, Standard Arabic is the most spoken accent, and they understand each other’s conversation.
- Standard Arabic has very few native Standard Arabic Speakers, but then also it comes in the most spoken language in the World.
Urdu 231.3 Million Speakers
- Urdu also has many speakers. It is an Indo-Iranian language and the official language of Pakistan. Urdu is also the second standard language of India. Many people in India talk in the accent of Urdu.
Russian – 258.2 Million Speakers
- Russian is the official language of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan. Today also people use to speak Russian as the local language there.
- Language experts consider Russian to be the richest and the most complex language in the world. And the interesting part is all the words in the Russian language that starts with A come from other languages.
Indonesian – 199 Million Speakers
- Indonesia is the fourth most populated nation in the world, which is why Indonesia is the most spoken language. The good thing about this language is that if you know how to speak Indonesian, then you can communicate with the people of Malaysia and Brunei because it is very similar to the Malay language.
- The Indonesian language is not that hard language. It is the easiest Asian language if you try to learn it.
How Spoken Languages originated?
It is very difficult to answer from when and where spoken languages started for communication. But if we take the example of Hindi, which originated from Sanskrit. And Sanskrit is used as the ancient language. So all the different languages originated from their ancestors.
So this is the fact that every country has its own local language, and it comes from the culture and the ancestors they have observed and listened to. There are numerous languages in the world, and every language has its story behind it.
Surprising Facts of Top Spoken Languages
When we have described the Top spoken Languages, we have also told you some interesting facts about those languages. So here we will discuss all the surprising facts about spoken languages. So here is the very, very rare spoken language Busuu. The surprising fact about this language is it is only spoken by 8 people, and in 2005 only three people spoke Busuu.
Chinese language, as we have seen in the above section, is the hardest language to learn. And now, we have come back to the most spoken language, which is English. English is the language which has the most words, and every year there are more words added to English. So there is one more fun fact about English it has 160 different accents.
So after reading this article, if you are thinking of learning one more language, then it is not a bad idea. Learning new things will make you more active, and learning some other languages can boost your mind. Learning a new language makes you feel more confident, and it also adds new skills to your life. When you visit that country, you can communicate and adjust yourself with the people.
Thank you for showing interest in our article and visiting us. We hope you enjoyed reading the article and found out interesting. If you are interested in reading other articles, then you can visit the home page of our website, where you can find so many articles according to your interest and needs. We have already given you the direct link to the BSEH home page.
Click Here to visit the bseh home page.